Designer & Front End Developer
Are you able to write custom code where required, so you're not totally reliant on frameworks? Are you passionate about creating clean, well-optimised code? Can you take a design visual, and efficiently render it into a fast, standards-compliant front-end build?
If so, this is a brilliant opportunity to take on an exciting new challenge where you can be a big part of a small team.
At Freshleaf Media, we’re looking for a talented Front-End Web Developer to join our team to help us with all elements of front-end development from input on technical feasibility and UX of design, through to production of HTML/CSS templates.
And in return for all that, we offer a competitive salary, a relaxed and positive working environment, and an excellent work/life balance (no late nights stuck in the office!). We commit to the ongoing professional development of our team members, and we also make a point to give back to the local community by getting involved in volunteering and supporting local charities.
- Expert knowledge of using latest techniques to code usable cross-browser and cross-platform websites
- Daily experience of making magic with HMTL, CSS, jQuery etc
- Understanding of CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Excellent knowledge of front-end frameworks such as Foundation & Bootstrap - not only how to use them but also how to seamlessly adapt & optimise them.
- Awareness of wider project requirements, timeframes and commercial constraints.
Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Speed, accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- A good knowledge of current web development trends, techniques and best practices
- A good understanding of user experience
- Excellent communication skills & flexible attitude
- Ability to use your initiative and work well under pressure to achieve tight deadlines
- A positive outlook and good sense of humour
- Good understanding of SEO principles and how to ensure that your websites adhere to them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience with custom WordPress development
- An active interest in emerging technologies
How to apply:
If you would like to talk to us about the front-end developer role why not drop your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know what you can bring to the team and why you'd like to work with us. Alternatively call Lesley on 01202 847160. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Whats in it for me?
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Parking permit so your parking is covered
- Every Friday afternoon is R&D time - time to try out new ideas, platforms and technologies
- 3 paid volunteering days per year to support local good causes, usually something out-doorsy that we do as a group.
- Team-building days
- Regular personal development sessions
- In-house knowledgeshare training sessions
- Annual first aid training
- Quarterly innovation sessions
- The chance to work for a company where work/life balance is not just an abstract idea
- The opportunity to be a big part of a small team